Grower and Supplier Job Listings
Red Butte Garden Hiring:
Assistant Horticulturist – Greenhouse IPM Specialist.
This is a full-time, year-round, benefitted position. We strongly prefer applicants with a related Bachelor’s degree, plus related experience in greenhouse production and interior insect/pest management/control, including both chemical and softer/biological control methods. A Utah pesticide applicators license is also required.
Duties include lead responsibility for the Integrated Pest Management program within the Garden’s production greenhouses and seasonal and indoor displays, and ensuring compliance with the Worker Protection Standard(WPS); assists in implementing the plant production program; the operation, maintenance and repair of greenhouse facilities and equipment; installing and maintaining seasonal and indoor displays, and leads seasonal staff and volunteers as requested.
For full details on position duties and requirements, see the position posting at https://employment.utah.edu/university-of-utah/new-jobs/ , job# PRN22612B
Interested applicants must apply on-line through the University of Utah Human Resources website, and reference job# PRN22612B
Please, no phone calls or emails.
Jayker Re-Wholesale Nursery, Inc. Hiring:
Nursery Sales Associate
This position is permanent, full-time seasonal position from approximately February 1 through November 15, and is supervised by the Sales Manager.
Primary Responsibilities- duties will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Perform the following sales and inventory activities:
a) Greet walk-in customers and assist them as needed with plant selection, loading, invoicing, etc., Answer phone inquiries in a pleasant and professional manner
b) Respond to estimate inquiries and follow through until complete. Goal is to respond to all inquiries within 24 hours
c) Process customer orders into the system while assuring plant material is available. Offer substitutions when needed
d) Report and record dead or damaged plant material as needed
2. Review orders pulled and ensure that orders are prepared for pickup when customers are ready. Keep staff informed on scheduled pickup dates.
3. Assist in maintaining a showplace appearance in the sales yard. Assist with plant maintenance. Duties will include cleanup, pruning, spacing and weed control.
4. Suggest new varieties as requested by customers. Assist with the concept of providing the products and services desired by Jayker customers. Research new variety requests.
5. Assist with inventory counts of the sales yard and ensure that availability lists accurately reflect plants on hand. Assist with special projects in the office. Notify buyer when quantities of any plant material are getting low.